Friday, 16 December 2011

Final piece



My final animation is complete. I am happy with it and enjoyed creating it I feel that I should have created models with more detail and skinning or creating my own skin but due to time constraints these things I will have to do another time. I enjoyed creating the planet that blows up as though it was a little in-depth  the results show I am also very happy with how my laser looks, my Jedi starfighter even if it was meant to be a Xwing I think the basic shape of the ship although not spot on is very close.

When creating this I had hoped to have an idea where I get a chance to use bones in a model this would have been great to show technique of character modelling I am also let down by that in my final piece the shock wave ring that is meant to come out as the planet explodes for what ever reason did not render out. I am also 2 seconds down from the asked animation time. In my scene where the deathstar fires at the planet I would have liked the deathstar to look more like it was in the background but it look like it is hovering lower that I intended it to look.
Overall I am very happy with how my animation turned out having not done any 3D or any animating before having learnt lots of techniques for 3D modelling and although it is not one long animation in 3DSMax rather a selection of smaller scenes I think it still works.    

No comments:

Post a Comment